Lambert M. SurhoneISBN: 978-6-1325-0044-1;
The Raio Palace, in Portuguese Palacio do Raio, is a palace in Braga, Portugal. Constructed in 1754 according to a project from the architect Andre Soares, who introduced in Braga the new Baroque tendency. Andre Soares Ribeiro da Silva, more commonly known as Andre Soares (1720 – 1769) was a leading Portuguese sculptor and architect active in Northern Portugal during the 18th century. Born in Braga, most of his work is found in and around this city. As a sculptor, he was responsible for designing the gilt woodwork (talha dourada) altarpieces of the Monastery of Tibaes. Outside Braga, his work as an architect include the audacious Falperra Church (with a heptagonal floorplan), the Church of Nosso Senhor dos Santos Passos in Guimaraes and the Church of Our Lady of Lapa in Arcos de Valdevez, while in Braga he designed the Braga Town Hall, the Palacio do Raio, the Congregados Church, the Arco da Porta Nova (City Gate) among many other structures.
- OZON.ru 1453