Saint- Gengoux- le- National
Lambert M. SurhoneISBN: 978-6-1320-0009-5;
Saint-Gengoux-le-National is a commune in the Saone-et-Loire department in the region of Bourgogne in eastern France. In the 10th century, the church of Saint-Gengoux was given to the abbey of Cluny. In the 12th century, the abbot of Cluny requested king Louis VII install a lord of the manor with Saint-Gengoux in order to ensure the safety of the city. At the revolution, Saint-Gengoux-le-Royal took the name of Saint-Gengoux-le-National. It reverted to Saint-Gengoux-le-Royal is 1834, Saint-Gengoux-le-National in 1848, Saint-Gengoux-le-Royal is 1852 before finally settling on Saint-Gengoux-le-National in 1881.
- OZON.ru 1239