Toll Gate House
Lambert M. SurhoneISBN: 978-6-1320-0029-3;
The "Roslyn East Gate Toll House" is located within the "Roslyn Cemetery" on Route 25A (Northern Boulevard) in the town of Greenvale in Nassau County, New York It was built in 1864 and is the last remaining toll house for the North Hempstead Turnpike. It is frequently but incorrectly assumed to be a toll house for the "Vanderbilt Motor Parkway" which ran considerbly south of this location. Over the years as development continued, the North Hempstead Turnpike was moved about 150 feet south of its original path (now called Northern Blvd.) and the Roslyn Cemetery (owned by the Roslyn Presbyterian Church) slowly surrounded the "East Gate Toll House". There was a "West Gate Toll House" on the western side of the Roslyn via duct on Northern Blvd. but either due to massive renovation or removal it is no longer recognizable.
- OZON.ru 2093