Wokalup, Western Australia
Lambert M. SurhoneISBN: 978-6-1320-0580-9;
s name derives from an Aboriginal name meaning "the place of the carpet snake" (wokul). Such snakes were often found in farm sheds in the area prior to the commencement of irrigation but tiger snakes became more common subsequently. The location was originally granted in 1830, but the title lapsed as the owner made no improvements to the property. The Western Australian Company obtained it in the 1840s, and the first resident was Thomas Hayward who commenced farming at Bundidup south of Harvey in 1859.
- OZON.ru 1453