USS Cuttyhunk Island (AG-75)
Lambert M. SurhoneISBN: 978-6-1320-0683-7;
USS Cuttyhunk Island (AG-75/AKS-23) was a Belle Isle-class miscellaneous auxiliary acquired by the U.S. Navy during World War II. Cuttyhunk Island was built as the war was coming to an end, and was used as a transport. She was later classified as a stores ship and eventually scrapped. Cuttyhunk Island (AG-75) was launched 26 November 1944 by New England Shipbuilding Corporation, South Portland, Maine, under a U.S. Maritime Commission contract; sponsored by Mrs. M. M. Dayo. Cuttyhunk Island was acquired by the Navy 7 December 1944; outfitted at Eureka Shipbuilding Corp., Newburg, New York; and commissioned 1 September 1945, Lieutenant Commander N. G. Hole-man, USNR, in command.
- OZON.ru 1921