USS Dahlia (1862)
Lambert M. SurhoneISBN: 978-6-1320-0704-9;
USS Dahlia (1862) was a paddle-wheel tugboat acquired by the Union Navy during the beginning of the American Civil War. Dahlia was assigned to the Mississippi River area to provide tug and other services to Union ships requiring assistance. Firefly was built by the United States Army at St. Louis, Missouri in 1862; turned over to the Navy 1 October 1862; and named Dahlia 24 October 1862. Assigned to the Mississippi River Squadron under Rear Admiral David Dixon Porter, Dahlia was put into service with Acting Ensign T. Wright in command. She provided tug services in the Mississippi River and its tributaries until 17 August 1865. Dahlia was sold at Mound City, Illinois in August 1865. She retained her name as a civilian ship after the war and passed out of service in about 1872.
- OZON.ru 1921